Sumy is a city in Central Ukraine.
Sumy was founded in the 17th century by Cossacks as a fortress. During long period of time city was one of the centres in Slobozhanschina . Now Sumy is a centre of the province (oblast).
Two beautiful central streets Uvileynyi stadium, river Psel.
- House-museum A.P.Chehova, Chekhova str., 79., (542) 25-11-96. 10-17h (Thursday - 16:00), day off- Friday. - In 1888-89 the author, Anton Chekhov, lived here, in a western wing.
- John the Baptist Church, Ordzhonikidze str., 87, (542) 25-88-87. - In 1691 a wooden temple was built here. - In 1837 by a local noblemen of Lintvarevykh a stone church was built with a bell tower as a parochial temple.
- Ilyinskaya church, Chervonohvardiiska 2 str., 10, (542) 22-11-22. The first, wooden Ilyinskaya church was built to 1705 year. Rebuilt 1836-51.
- Trinity cathedral, Troitska str., 24-A, (542) 22-10-57.
- Hospital Svyatoy Zinaidy, Troits'ka str., 37. - Architecture Monument
- Park Druzhby Botanic garden, Shevchenka Ave. - A central place is occupied by a misic fountain, consisting of three round pools, located in different levels, by a diameter from 10 to 20 meters.
- The Roman Catholic Church, Troits'ka str., 6, (542) 22-07-72. - Church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Sumy municipal gallery, Soborna str., 27, (50)405-31-21.
- Resurrection of the Saviour Cathedral, Voskresens'ka str., 19. - Built in 1906, in baroque, stone.
- Spaso-Preobrazhenskij cathedral, Soborna str.,31, (542) 22-17-96,(542) 22-61-23.
- Folk museum (Alpinism History), Soborna str., 37. - There are more than 6000 objects.
- Art museum, Pokrovskaya sq., 1, (542) 22-71-81, (542) 22-16-59. 9-17h (Thursday – 16h), day off - Friday.
- Gallery Sumy-art, Kharkivs'ka str.,30-2 (1.5km East, (67) 754 210.
- Mansion Suhanovyh, Petropavlivs'ka str., 5.
- Kozhedub Municipal park.
- Kupchihin house, Petropavlivs'ka str., 98A.
- Heroes Monument, Kirova str.103. - At the memorial also installed T-34 tank and 122-millimeter Howitzer
- Peter and Paul Church, Kosmodemyanskoi Zoi str.. - Built in style of classicism.
- Botanical garden of the pedagogical university, 20 rokiv Peremohy str., 23.
- St. Panteleimon Church, Romenska str.,1, (542) 770454.
Go to the Art Museum. One of the best collections in Ukraine: Western, Russian and Ukrainian art.
- Swimming pool of the Sumy polytechnic university, Rimskogo-Korsakova str., 3 (SE 4.5km.
- Theater of drama and musical comedy the name of Schepkina, Teatral'na sq., 1., (542) 221688, (542) 224850, (542) 223014.
- Sumy regional philharmonic (formerly the Nobility Assembly), Petropavlivs'ka str., 63, (542) 22-00-96.
- Dynamosport Swimming pool, Kirova str.,23, +(542)283678. - Federation sports organization
- Yanki Sauna and Swimming pool, Kostiukivskyi ln., 11, +(63) 448-40-19, (95) 478-06-30,+ (542) 79-03-28.
- Miolan Shopping centre, Strilky 1 str.,22.
- Toledo Entertaining complex, Sobornaya str.,44, 78-12-78(542) 78-12-78,(542) 78-13-98.
- Kyiv Department Store, Kooperativnaya str., 1, (542) 77-08-24.
- Festіval'Shopping centre, Kooperatyvna str., 13.
- Vostochnyi ехpress, Pryvokzal'na sq., 5/1, 343839(542)653839. Wi-Fi
- McDonald's, Pokrovskaya sq., 15а, (542) 77-10-43. Wi-Fi
- Tsentralniy Market, Zasumskaya str., 2, (542) 60-16-92.
- State regional scientific library, Heroiv Stalinhrada str., 10, 22-53-97. - Wi-Fi
Putyvl - During the Second World War Soviet partisans led by Sydir Kovpak started their guerrilla war against the Germans in the forests near Putyvl. The main architectural monument of Putivl is the Molchansky Monastery, which is largely of 17th century date. Dmoz:Regional/Europe/Ukraine/Provinces/Sumy Oblast/Sumy/
The world's a big place.